The epoxy resin is diluted with a reactive diluent and a non-reactive diluent. The reactive diluent is mainly a glycidyl ether-based substance, and the non-reactive diluent is, for example, an inert solvent such as toluene, ethanol, acetone, butanol, or the like. Butyl ester and the like.
Reactive diluents have the disadvantages of high price, high volatility, and high toxicity (reactive diluents with low volatility are expensive).
Inactive diluents are inexpensive, but generally belong to the VOC range, and have now begun to be restricted. Dibutyl esters and the like are not volatile, but migration and other disadvantages may occur.
According to my previous experience, benzyl alcohol can be used as a plasticizer for epoxy resins, and the effect is many, with the following points:
1. The material itself is non-toxic (can be used for human injection reagents)
2. High boiling point, not volatile, and after curing, due to the strong polarity of benzyl alcohol, it can be well compatible with epoxy resin, and there is no migration phenomenon.
3. Benzyl alcohol can promote the reaction of epoxy resin with amine, speed up the reaction
4. Benzyl alcohol has good hydrophobic properties, which can significantly improve the gloss of the coating and reduce the appearance of white birch.
5. Benzyl alcohol can improve the toughness of the cured product.
Pay attention to the following points during use:
1. Benzyl alcohol needs to be stored in the dark, otherwise it will turn yellow.
2. Can only be used in epoxy/amine curing systems, especially in epoxy/anhydride systems.
3. The amount of addition should be controlled, because the addition of benzyl alcohol will reduce the mechanical properties and solvent resistance and chemical resistance of the cured product, so it is necessary to determine the proportion of addition according to actual requirements.
4. Benzyl alcohol can significantly increase the curing speed, so this needs to be considered.
Benzyl alcohol has rarely been reported in the literature and in the literature, but in practice, many manufacturers use benzyl alcohol as a diluent, especially for diluting the curing agent.
FRP Fiberglass Roof Sheet has good thermal insulation and other advantages. It is composed of high-performance upper film, reinforced polyester and glass fiber. The upper film must have a good anti-ultraviolet and antistatic effect. Polyester does not yellow and age, and loses light transmission characteristics prematurely. Its lighting light is astigmatism, soft light, high transmittance retention, can effectively block most ultraviolet rays. FRP daylighting tile is easy to clean, without special care, corrosion resistance, acid and alkali resistance, suitable for the roof of chemical workshop and other places.
FRP Fiberglass Roof Sheet
Frp Roof Panels,Fiberglass Roofing Sheets,Fiberglass Greenhouse Panels,Corrugated Fiberglass Roofing Panels
PINGYUN INTERNATIONAL , https://www.pingyunconstruction.com